6.22.2012

making diy wedding favors

I offered to make some little wedding favors for my friends who are getting married this weekend. My mom helped me finish the project today by slipping them in the perfect glassine envelopes. They include a little magnet of the couple and a small quote printed on card stock. Washi tape is wrapped around to keep the envelope closed.

materials & how to: (In case you felt inspired to make some too)

  1. small photo. To get this I uploaded my favorite picture of them onto the free photo editing site picmonkey (www.picmonkey.com)  Crop the photo square. go into frames and use rounded edges at 100%.  save. Then I printed this image out as a contact sheet from my computer. (a contact sheet should be 1" in size)
  2. clear epoxy sticker. (I found mine here) I used a 1 inch or 25mm clear epoxy sticker. adhere to the small image on the contact sheet. Then I carefully cut the sticker out to a perfect circle. 
  3. Metal setting. glue (I used this glue) the epoxy sticker to the 1" / 25mm metal setting. (I bought these) and let dry. 
  4. Magnet. Glue a magnet (I used these) to the back of the metal setting with a strong glue like E600 or super-glue. Let dry. 
  5. Quote, handmade paper, something personal. 
  6. Glassine envelopes. (I got mine here) but I am sure you can find them in the supply section of Etsy. 
  7. Washi Tape. I ♥ my washi tape. (I got mine here).  
Super simple & so cute! 
I am looking forward to our day celebrating with them tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect!!!

jean said...

Applying Do-It-Yourself (DIY) concept in your wedding supplies is challenging yet very fulfilling for the couple. The cards with the magnet of the couple and a small quote not only look cute but are also cheap wedding favors as well!:)