4.05.2011

SEO

breakfast of sweet potato and black beans

Lili went to a friend's house, so it was just me and the little man today.
It started out a mess. Lots of poopy diapers (3), lots of dirty dishes. Lots of black beans squashed into the rug...

But we put on some good music, drank way too much coffee (me), and mopped the floors, scrubbed the dishes, cleaned the sink, gave Seo his bath. Put him down for a nap and then got a ton of artwork worked on.  It felt great.  Of course, by the time Alex got home nothing looked squeaky clean anymore. But hey, what are you going to do?


The best part of the whole day happened when I was nursing Eliseo before his afternoon nap up on my bed. He started to rub his hand in a circular motion on his chest. The sign we have been teaching him for happy. 
I said "You are happy?" making the motion myself.
He looked up at me and gave the biggest, milkiest, grin back, and repeated the sign.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little guy!

Erin said...

Hmmm...LOVE!

Nancy Tripp said...

Ah what joy. I am smiling from ear to ear reading this...and I just rubbed my chest in a circle.....

Lindsey said...

Awww, Kelc - that's got to be the best feeling in the world! Brings tears to my eyes...I don't want our kiddos to ever grow up!

Kathleen said...

Baby Brother Door Bear's clone.

Holy Cow!

Adorable! What a precious time for all of you. Wish we were closer to share in the magic, but keep posting and I'll be able to breathe...