11.15.2011

abundance

I woke up this morning and looked at last night's post and sighed. 

My question "Are you afraid of abundance" in my last post didn't make much sense~ especially out of context. In my sleep deprived state last night I was feeling the weight of all the fullness that is in our life right now.  I was feeling fearful of the potential abundance coming our way from the holiday season. We have been working hard to be prepared for all of the many shows and fairs and online sales.  We have loaded our plate high with responsibilities/opportunities and I have been having moments of feeling overwhelmed.

< --------- See all the shows I am gearing up to do?! 

Last night I felt guilty for feeling overwhelmed~ as if overwhelmed meant ungrateful.  
But, I am grateful. Grateful, and slightly anxious about the unknown. 



As for me: Anxiety and Fear are not welcome guests & I open my arms wide to Abundance.

p.s~ check out THIS sweet feature today!

2 comments:

Christina Rosalie said...

We are on such parallel paths in so many ways right now, girl! I absolutely GET the grateful + anxious combo. I'm there almost every day <3!

Anonymous said...

Makes me think of this Rumi poem:
THE GUEST HOUSE
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.
Be grateful for whatever comes.
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.
-- Jelaluddin Rumi,
translation by Coleman Barks