1.28.2013

vigil from afar.


Someone very very dear to me is in the process of passing on. There is so much that could be said... and yet my heart feels quiet, a little anxious, waiting... It has been very difficult to be so far away. 
Last night at dinner I asked that we take a moment and say a prayer for Benny. Lil spoke up saying she would like to say one. She made her hands form the shape of a heart, held them close to her body and she closed her eyes. After a few seconds she opened her eyes and said "Okay I'm done."

When we asked her what she just did she said "I said a little prayer in my head and it echoed in my mind and and then went down into the ground, and then up into the sky."

I was in awe of her intuitive and heartfelt prayer... It felt befitting of the beautiful soul it was meant for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Kelcey, what an amazing little girl, thanks for sharing it. I am sorry you are going through a loss right now, my love and prayers go out to you. Peace and Blessings~Nora

Unknown said...

so lovely, hugs for your journey with goodbye xxx

Devon said...

Sending you love and hugs, Kelcey. xoxo