5.13.2008

Off Grid

I am sorry to all of those loyal Loomer blog readers out there!

We have had a busy couple of weeks coupled with a ginormous wind storm that has left us with no power or phones for a couple of days. One of the downfalls of living out in the boondocks is the frequency our power/phone goes out. We try to look at it like a little vacation from modern life- but truly we are just crossing our fingers that we reenter the grid asap. Our bathhouse got speared with a big branch during the storm, but luckily the only damage was to the overhang and one of my paintings fell off the wall.

Soon I will post some pictures of our fabulous weekend from the LEAF Festival (Lake Eden Arts Festival) go to theleaf.com for a sneak preview of how awesome it is.

I hope all those mothers (and all those who mother in the loose sense of the word) had a beautiful mother's day.

1 comment:

Daisie said...

Glad you're back in the 'modern' world!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)
About the biting of nipples, Francesca was very bad at biting (or very good at it depending who you ask!) and I tried all sorts of things to make her stop, what wroked in the end was putting it away whenever she bit me. I said 'no' in a firm voice sat her on the floor and walked away. I'd go back in a couple of minutes and we'de try again. Usually second or third time she'd feed fine. After about a week of this the biting stopped.
Good luck, XXX