1.03.2010

trades!

An exciting benefit of being in art/craft shows has been trading with other artists. I still feel a bit shy about asking someone lest they don't like what I make and feel awkward, but every time someone has asked me it has been really fun. There probably will come a time when I don't want to trade, and then I don't know what I will say... I guess I will cross that bridge when it comes... But for now I am loving this new perk to being an artist.

Here are some of the talented artists and similar wears that I have received in the past few months. Some of the items I kept for myself, and some I traded for Christmas presents.

Every time I wear the earrings that Betsy from Foundling made someone comments on them. They are so fun!
I traded a super sweet little bomber hat for my newest tiny friend Jude who was born in November.
(I have one saved for our little baby too!)
Overlap Studios
Rachael was my neighbor at the big crafty. She had beautiful, bold, handmade hats and scarves.
Softspoken

Audrey was my other neighbor at the Big Crafty. I am in love with ALL of her work. It is elegant, and creative, and wonderfully crafted.
Audrey Laine Collection
I didn't actually trade, but rather won in the Big Crafty Raffle, a gorgeous metal belt buckle from Wingo. It was a very lucky day! I reluctantly gave it to my Mom as a present :)
Wingo Designs
And lastly, I traded a beautiful Victorian-style scarflette with Katrina from The Little Kiss to give to my sister-in-law Ema. It was made with soft organic cotton, and it looks lovely on.
The Little Kiss

No comments: