2.05.2010

our weekly storm arrival...

If you don't hear from us for a bit, here is why...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST SATURDAY.

A MIXTURE OF RAIN... SNOW AND SLEET IS EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY TURN INTO FREEZING RAIN FROM SOUTH TO NORTH ACROSS THE WARNED AREA OVERNIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING. NEW SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM AROUND AN INCH ALONG THE US 74 CORRIDOR TO AROUND 4 INCHES NORTH OF I-40. A DAMAGING ACCUMULATION OF ICE... PERHAPS AS HIGH AS ONE HALF INCH... IS EXPECTED AS WELL... ESPECIALLY ALONG THE BLUE RIDGE ESCARPMENT... AND POSSIBLY WIDESPREAD POWER OUTAGES IN AREAS FROM BLACK MOUNTAIN AND LAKE LURE DOWN TO SALUDA.

did I just say I wish every winter was like this a few posts ago? Be careful what you ask for.

*sigh.*

5 comments:

Adam said...

I wish we had some winter fun.

Oop. Reckless.

babyjenks said...

stay safe and warm! always be careful what you wish for. i was recently thinking about wanting more time alone at home and then tom got the call to go to illinois for his grandmother's funeral. 4 days alone in the house for me, but not the way i wanted it. *sigh* oh well. love to you and your family!
xo,
sabra-jenks

ps. did you get my letter?

Erin said...

Sounds like wintery weather yuck. We had a package going your way but we got a notice that said because of the snow they couldn't deliver it. So hopefully it's safe and sound at the post office until you can pick it up.

Linda said...

I hope there is NOT a storm next weekend!!! Other than the windy, cold weather here, winter is feeling sparse here in New Hampshire. Shall I bring my skis?
xxxooo

Anonymous said...

we're hoping you are happily surviving the weather....we could use some of your white stuff. It's cold up here, but relatively bare.

Nancy