1.26.2011

safe passages

We are going through a major overhaul of how we organize all our photos and art files this month. It isn't my cup of tea, but I love the finished product. While sorting, I re-found this image of a painting from 2007 that I love. It seems like another lifetime ago that I was painting with wax and had no children...

Safe Passages
2007
20"x20"x1.75"
wax, silk, oil paint, crayon, paper on wood

Yesterday was our first day home from our trip, and it felt like a giant sigh of relief. Both kids ended up being sick with a horrible virus almost the entire time we were gone (and we infected many around us too...) and I am ready for everyone to get healthy and get back to sleeping normally.  I feel incredibly grateful to have gotten to go be with my family during that time, but it is always nice to come home too. 

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

So glad you are home safe and sound. Been thinking of you lots.
Love,
NeNe

Linda said...

Whomever it was that purchased this painting, he/she is very lucky indeed! It's still as evocative as the first time I viewed it. I love it!
Glad you are home safe & sound - and thanks a bajillion for being there for me - and the Francisco clan. It made a real difference.