11.08.2008

Still in progress...(and a shopping tale)


Here are the two paintings I have been working on this week. They need to be glued and sewn to the border paper before I might call them done. I feel very happy with them both. I only wish I had better pictures of them for you. Soon I will buy a scanner to get a proper picture that does them justice. The rocking chair one reminds me of the room in the house I grew up that we called great-grandma's room. It was yellow with a floral pattern. I guess something about the wallpaper reminded everyone of her. (The same great-grandmother who made me the stool) I should paint that stool into one of my paintings... hmmmm....

Completely unrelated: Ema and I dropped Lili off at Becca's this afternoon (Thanks a million Beccer!) and went in search of a dress to wear to Christine's wedding this coming week in Nicaragua (remember this?) Now keep in mind that the beginning of the holiday season and winter is not the ideal time to find a dress for a poolside, 90 degree wedding. After searching through endless racks of sweater-dresses and thick, velvety, black dresses at Ross and TJ Max, Ema convinced me to go to the Dillard's Outlet. And...It was like a movie- or maybe from my dreams. I typically hate shopping because I never feel like I fit in anything right. But I found score upon score with Ema cheering me on the whole way. All of these already marked down cute dresses (between $10-$18) were 60% off that price! My problem was not that I couldn't find a dress, it was that I had to narrow it down. What a problem... sigh* I settled on this cute, sassy, bold dress with a taffeta layer underneath that Ema brought into the dressing room at the last minute. Then I bought these slightly gaudy (but totally cute at the same time) yellow shoes to go with it. It was a shopping victory. The only downside is that I will clash with Alex. Oh well... It can't be too perfect or that would be boring.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelcey, ever since I saw your first "rest" painting (which I'm SO sad got sold already!) I loved it. Dave just may be contacting you about buying me one for Christmas! If he got my not so subtle hints, that is... ;) And we MUST see pictures of the cute dress and yellow shoes!

Linda said...

Although I'll see it soon, I agree with Caren. Picture please!
And now can Emma come visit me???? I'm at loss as to what to wear!

Erin said...

Yes yes, pictures! I bet you look just fabulous! I was thinking the wedding was coming up soon...how exiting!

Liz said...

Consider the paintings a success, you should be quite happy with them...they are lovely to look at and completely convey a sense of peace and quiet! yay! on the dress where is the dillard's outlet, my friend Jenn is renewing her vows next weekend and is still without a dress! She would be thrilled to have just one more place to look.

babyjenks said...

you're paintings are wonderful, i love them.

and post photos of the dress and keep us updated on christine's wedding!