6.14.2010

worry

My friend Katy spoke this quote aloud to me, and it resonated and has stuck with me the last few days. I usually find myself drawn to poems more than quotes, but sometimes a quotation can really capture a thought or feeling in a perfectly direct way. I don't know the exact quote or even who originally said it.
However the gist of it:


"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its troubles~
It empties today of its strength."
I know I worry too much. As a mom... as a sister... about the well being of the world... and on and on. But, it is so true that worrying about something doesn't empty it of its trouble at all.

3 comments:

chris said...

inspiring quote by Corrie Ten Boom, i believe. i love quotes - thanks for posting this one. it sure does give you something to think about. and i love the picture! look how big your little one is already!

Erin said...

Good quote. I love the picture. Look at those leg rolls! I keep forgetting to ask why you changed your font to smaller? Maybe I need glasses....

Anonymous said...

Training your mind to stay in the moment is the only way I have found to keep myself from worrying. The practice is not easy, but well worth the trouble.